A new normal is now in sight for SME businesses and it is now more important than ever to re-assess and start focussing on core objectives and how these are going to be achieved.
As part of the pandemic recovery plan Local Authorities, Growth Hubs, and Chambers of Commerce are supporting local business and helping them to Reboot, Recover and Grow. Businesses need to evaluate their strategy and goals to generate growth and adapt to the new business environment.
No matter what businesses are looking to achieve, we understand there may be barriers or events which may push them off course, however, flexibility in the approach and clear focus will ensure they meet deadlines and prosper in the future.
Successful businesses develop mission statements, set SMART goals, and take actions to help them achieve them. These processes should be periodically reviewed to reflect the culture of the organisation and to change goals if the end objective has changed.
Strategies to set and achieve your goals
- Commit yourself to setting goals.
- Write down 3-4 goals and objectives.
- Post copies of your goals where you can see them every day.
- Read your goals often.
- Practice visualising yourself completing your goals. How will your life be different?
- Tell others about your goals.
- Reward yourself for completing activities and objectives leading to your goal.
- Believe in your ability to achieve your goal.
- At the end of one year, what would you like to accomplish.
Once achieved, each goal should be reviewed to establish; what went right and could be applied to your next goal; what went wrong and how could this be avoided or minimised next time.
How Branduin assists SMEs to set and achieve goals
At Branduin, we successfully run a GOALMAPPER® Business Recovery and Regeneration programme to help SMEs overcome the challenges posed by the pandemic.
If you would like more information about Branduin and our GOALMAPPER® programme, please visit: branduin.co.uk/goalmapper