Your council is likely to have one, or more, of these key targets for the coming years:
- Provide support to grow the local economy
- Help to start, develop and sustain small businesses
- Generate new jobs
- Ensure local businesses get a share of project work in the area
- Increase the number of local jobs for local people
Branduin works with a growing number of local authorities to deliver business support programmes that can help you meet these targets.
Achieving these goals helps the local community as:
- More jobs means more money being spent within local businesses
- It helps fill the vacant properties on high streets, making them more welcoming to local shoppers
- A positive buzz is created which leads to ongoing success
Achieving the goals help you and the Local Authority team:
- Generate revenue in the form of business rates by helping your small businesses grow and flourish
- Reduce welfare costs by taking people off housing support and other locally-paid benefits
- Meet your S106 commitments
The business support programmes we have developed and delivered, often in partnership with Chambers of Commerce, have helped 100’s of entrepreneurs to start their own business, helped 1000’s of small businesses get the support they need to move forward and generated 100’s of jobs.
To see how Branduin has worked with local authorities to help local businesses Click here.
“We’ve been working with Branduin for some time, providing support to start up & established businesses. We found their support for local businesses to be of high quality and very welcomed – as evidenced by feedback. Branduin have also been positive, helpful and easy to engage, all of which helps make our work easier and more effective.”
Sean Gillen – Head of Enterprise Delivery, Serving Richmond & Wandsworth Councils
“Great organisation & advice as always – they understand the local economy and how to help businesses develop it.”
Anna Burke – participant in the Opportunity Sutton programme
“The London Borough of Hounslow contracted with Branduin Business Support in September 2015 to provide a comprehensive two year programme of training and mentoring for small businesses. To date this has been a fantastic working relationship which, first and foremost, has been wholly positively received by beneficiaries that have been surveyed both independently and by Branduin. We have been impressed by Branduin’s proactive approach in a number of areas, from outreach to programme design, monitoring and administration. We were also excited by news of some really impressive outcomes regarding job creation and retention and new business won as a direct result of Branduin’s support.
Tom Brooks – Business Services & Investment, London Borough of Hounslow
For more information please call us on 020 3195 7988.