Revitalising the South London area
A team of Advisors helped nearly 40 small businesses around South London’s Streatham High Road to gain customers and increase profitability.
1:1 business clinics for a wide range of businesses
In September 2013, nearly 40 traders in and around Streatham High Road wanted to inject new energy into their own businesses and raise the profile of their immediate surroundings. Wandsworth Chamber of Commerce and Lambeth Council were advised by Mel Larsen to approach Branduin for their expertise.
Branduin began their six month campaign by asking each trader to complete a brief questionnaire to outline the nature of their business and their business objectives.
After this, each trader was given a free 60 minute one-2-one business clinics with an experienced Branduin consultant.
The participating businesses included a bike shop, hairdressing salon, deli, vintage fashion boutique, cheese shop, environmental toy maker, a fishmonger, an IT support consultancy, a business centre, a pet training centre and several restaurants.
Practical advice, tailored to each business – within one week of the clinic
While the questions asked by the 40 traders varied, most fell into 3 categories:
- How do I start a new business and make sure I stand out?
- How can I market myself better and get more people through the door?
- How can I save money and capitalise on what I do best?
The traders were a mixture of family businesses, sole traders or SMEs employing up to 10 people. All faced the challenge of running a successful business in a very long high street (or just off it), parts of which are very depressed.
Branduin’s consultants gave specific advice, tailored to each business and individual, which was backed up by a comprehensive written report within one week of meeting.
Their advice included:
- Successfully applying for government funding business grants
- Using social media to improve online marketing
- Commissioning high quality print solutions – brochures, flyers, folders
- Creating an attractive, informative and effective website
- Using key words to drive traffic to company website