Working With Our Partners
Branduin Case Studies
Branduin provides a support programme in Wandsworth
Branduin Business Support and the London Borough of Wandsworth work together to provide a support programme to businesses across the Borough.Click here to read more
Branduin Business Support has been working with Wandsworth Chamber since 2013 to provide quality-assured business support, and is delighted to announce that we will be working with Wandsworth Council to deliver a range of free business support solutions to help businesses across the Borough to grow. The support programme started in April 2016 and continues through to spring 2017.
The support will help a range of businesses, from pre-start through to established businesses, and be delivered through workshops, business improvement clinics and one-to-one mentoring, and coaching.
The Wandsworth support programme will:
- Help you to start a new business by making the right choices
- Take your current business forward
- Provide you with support and training to overcome key challenges
- Plan and deliver the growth you want
- Resolve any issues you have within the business
- Manage your finances and make a big difference to your bottom line
The Borough of Wandsworth has a growing small business scene, with around 16,000 businesses in 2015. The team at Branduin is looking forward to working with many of these businesses and providing the business support they are looking for.
If you would like to register your interest in the support programmes we are delivering please go to www.wandsworthchamber.org/business-support.php, sign up to our mailing list to receive the latest updates and news.
Branduin unlocked the potential of the Sussex economy
Branduin in partnership with the West Sussex County Council helped to unlock the potential of the local economy through the ‘Be The Business’ Programme. Click here to download the Be the Business outcomes report. Click here to read more
Together with the Sussex Chamber of Commerce and the University of Chichester, Branduin was able to increase the levels of entrepreneurship, productivity and employment growth within West Sussex. £1.2m of grant funding was made available to local businesses from 2013/14. Our services included:
- 1:1 business advice clinics
- Peer-to-peer group mentoring
- ‘Boot camps’ for start-ups
- Conducting due diligence and appraisals on grant applicants
- Preparing the shortlist for the grant award panel
- Mentoring successful grant applicants
- Feedback for unsuccessful applicants
Branduin won a tender bid to provide advice in Sutton
Branduin in partnership with the Sutton Chamber of Commerce, won a public tender bid for the ‘Start-Up Sutton” Programme.Click here to read more
The scheme aimed to provide entrepreneurs with the support they need in developing their ideas through a series of workshops, one to one clinics and ongoing support from Branduin specialist advisors. Branduin provided advice and support to 250 start-ups and 200 established businesses, in a 12-month Programme and were a pivotal role in providing the expert business advice to get new businesses off to a great start. This advice included:
- 1:1 business clinics and half day workshops
- Telephone mentoring and email support
- Funding advice
- Sales and marketing strategies (inc. effective use of social media)
- Business networking events
Branduin helped to revitalise the South London area
A team of Advisors helped nearly 40 small businesses around South London’s Streatham High Road to gain customers and increase profitability.
Click here to read more
1:1 business clinics for a wide range of businesses
In September 2013, nearly 40 traders in and around Streatham High Road wanted to inject new energy into their own businesses and raise the profile of their immediate surroundings. Wandsworth Chamber of Commerce and Lambeth Council were advised by Mel Larsen to approach Branduin for their expertise.
Branduin began their six month campaign by asking each trader to complete a brief questionnaire to outline the nature of their business and their business objectives.
After this, each trader was given a free 60 minute one-2-one business clinics with an experienced Branduin consultant.
The participating businesses included a bike shop, hairdressing salon, deli, vintage fashion boutique, cheese shop, environmental toy maker, a fishmonger, an IT support consultancy, a business centre, a pet training centre and several restaurants.
Practical advice, tailored to each business – within one week of the clinic
While the questions asked by the 40 traders varied, most fell into 3 categories:
- How do I start a new business and make sure I stand out?
- How can I market myself better and get more people through the door?
- How can I save money and capitalise on what I do best?
The traders were a mixture of family businesses, sole traders or SMEs employing up to 10 people. All faced the challenge of running a successful business in a very long high street (or just off it), parts of which are very depressed.
Branduin’s consultants gave specific advice, tailored to each business and individual, which was backed up by a comprehensive written report within one week of meeting.
Their advice included:
- Successfully applying for government funding business grants
- Using social media to improve online marketing
- Commissioning high quality print solutions – brochures, flyers, folders
- Creating an attractive, informative and effective website
- Using key words to drive traffic to company website
Branduin implemented the ‘Next Level’ Programme
When the Borough of Lambeth wanted to regenerate Streatham, they turned to Branduin Business Support to implement their ‘Next Level’ programme.Click here to read more
Branduin provided support and advice to numerous businesses on the Streatham High Street who all subsequently received excellent results for not only their businesses but their customers too.
Our advice included:
- Running fifty 1:1 business clinics
- Helping businesses access Government schemes such as Growth Accelerator and Manufacturing Advisory Services (MAS)